There’s not much simpler than a basic Greek style Vinaigrette – and it only tastes better the next day and after that! A little bit goes a long way.
The photo’s cropped from my Roasted Chicken with Red Grapes – sorry I didn’t think to show the salad in its entirety before I served it up!
Recipe: Greek Dressing, 1 cup, cost about 70 cents.
- 3/4 cup of Greek extra virgin olive oil
1/4 cup of good quality red wine vinegar
1 1/2 teaspoons of crushed Greek oregano
1 teaspoon of salt
a pinch of pepper.
Whisk together in a bowl, or place in a tightly covered jar and shake to combine. The dressing will turn a light color with a creamy texture as the oil and vinegar combine.
Put your Own Spin on It:
- Use lemon instead of vinegar, or vary the herbs to your taste: try using an equal amount of Greek Seasoning instead of the oregano.
- Use over salads: Tomatoes, cucumbers, red bell peppers, olives and feta cheese – combined with Romaine or not.
- Use in Pasta Salads, too, with the above vegetables.
- Low Carb Zesty Lemon Greek Salad Dressing Recipe (badgemini.wordpress.com)