This is just a small start, but here are a few of my favorite sites – I do hope to add on as I have time, because there are so many, so if you aren’t here yet, don’t feel slighted! If you want to contact me, but don’t wish to post, my email is: Frugal.Hausfrau@gmail.com
Food Inspiration (not necessarily frugal, just glorious):
- Food.Soil.Thread – A 101 Goals for a 1001 days. A beautiful blog with a beautiful perspective
- The Bitten Word - Zach and Clay put their food magazines to use
- My Baker’s Dozen - Beautiful Blog with a little extra twist in each recipe
- Sis Boom Blog - Just the deconstructed BLT Salad alone is enough to make me drool…
- The Asian Grandmother’s Cookbook - Pat has demystified ingredients and techniques.
- Home Cooking in Montana - Wonderful Site, well beyond what you’d expect for home cooking.
- Smitten Kitchen
- In the Devil’s Kitchen
- The Fresh Loaf - a site for Amateur Bakers and Artisinal Bread Enthusiasts
- Fat Girl Trapped in a Skinny Body – a prolific blogger with a bent towards healthy foods and vegetables – balanced by the occasional splurge!
- Simplysogood – I love the style and the recipes. Janet did say she was creating a blog that went beyond “funeral potatoes.” That made me smirk a bit; my Scalloped Potatoes are among my top visited recipes – regardless, I’m still excited about “stumbling” across her site – and who knows, maybe next time I’ll have Arugula Salad with my potatoes!
- The Slowdown – a site about “real” cooking
- Tart Little Piggy
- $35.00 a Week - two people all meals!
- The Mindful Bite
- SuburbHomestead’s Blog - Surviving the Great Recession with Old Fashioned Sense and Life Hacks
- The Paupered Chef - These guys make cheap look, well, chic!
- The Frugal Mom Diner – Taking a challenge to feed her family on $30 a week
- My Sister’s Kitchen
- Get Rich Slowly A no Gimmick Site about budgeting and running a household
- Daily Finance
- Wisebread – full of useful information; personal finance and fugal living
- Passionate Home - Simple, Natural and Intentional Living
- The Frugal Millionaire – I like the Frugal Test – 25 questions
Cooking (The biggies):
- AllRecipes.com - I really like their ingredient search
- The EpiCenter - They have a great spice encyclopedia, and some nice little conversion charts and pop up tools.
- America’s Test Kitchen
- The Cook’s Thesaurus
- Online Conversions - help with converting what to what…
- Kitchen Window - NPR’s recipes
- Cheese.com - all about cheese
- Mr. Food – Quick & Easy
- Whole Foods - a description of the benefits of whole foods and how to cook them in a healthy manner
- Yale Rudd Center for Food Policy and Obesity
- Food and Farm Connection - Community Sponsored Agriculture for Minnesota and Western Wisconson – be sure to look for sites in your area.
- The Sunday Coupon Preview - Check this site for the coupons that will appear in your Sunday paper; this is how I determine how many inserts, or papers, I might want to pick up.
Shopping for Sundry Items:
Shopping for Shoes – just had to mention it!:
- DSW Make sure to sign up and you’ll start to earn rewards. Our local grocery store has a reward card that earns gas for purchases and has branched out to internet shopping: They give 15 cents per 50 dollars spent at DSW toward a gas purchase.
Inspiration on Budget
- 444 Express - Refreshing Tell it Like it Is site about getting out of debt. – and actually DOING it….
- The Cheapskates Guide - Simple, common cents ways to save money
- Living on a Dime - a fun blog to explore ideas for living frugally. Is that what I’m missing? Fun…Normally, I DO believe saving money is serious business.
Blogs that inspire me:
- Look for a Lovely Thing A lovely blog full of inspiration and poetry – Lolly’s simple style has a certain, well, frugalness about it.
Just for the Fun of it:
- Miss Charming’s Homemade Recipes - She just makes me want to have a party! More than you ever imagined there was to know about making cocktails.